Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A savory, delicious appetizer that looks as amazing as it tastes! The potato baskets are the perfect base for the luscious cream cheese and silky salmon. Pungent toasted capers add a surprising punch! The recipe could also be made in a standard size muffin tin and served for breakfast/brunch.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces chive & onion cream cheese
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, chopped (lox-style)
- 1⁄2 cup capers, drained and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix potatoes with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into a 24-muffin mini-muffin tin. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the molds.
- Bake the potato baskets until golden and crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Remove pan to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the capers and sauté until lightly browned and toasted. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Spoon cream cheese evenly into barely warm baskets before removing baskets from muffin tin. Place baskets on serving platter and top with salmon and toasted capers.
- Makes 24. Serves 8-12.
What a beautiful and delicious sounding appetizer. Perfect for a dinner party, luncheon or tea. Or would be elegant served at a wedding reception. Truly impressive. nj