1/1 Photo of Mini Potato Baskets, Smoked Salmon & Toasted Capers #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A savory, delicious appetizer that looks as amazing as it tastes! The potato baskets are the perfect base for the luscious cream cheese and silky salmon. Pungent toasted capers add a surprising punch! The recipe could also be made in a standard size muffin tin and served for breakfast/brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large bowl, mix potatoes with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 3Spoon the mixture evenly into a 24-muffin mini-muffin tin. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the molds.
- 4Bake the potato baskets until golden and crisp, about 15-20 minutes. Remove pan to cooling rack.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add the capers and sauté until lightly browned and toasted. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 6Spoon cream cheese evenly into barely warm baskets before removing baskets from muffin tin. Place baskets on serving platter and top with salmon and toasted capers.
- 7Makes 24. Serves 8-12.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Potato Baskets, Smoked Salmon & Toasted Capers #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 582.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g