I found this recipe in one of my mother's old cookbooks from a church in Hawaii. It is very good and versatile.
My Private Note
mini ta ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup instant minced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (*I use Jack) or 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded (*I use Jack)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup milk (*I use milk) or 1/4 cup dry sherry (*I use milk)
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 pie crusts
- 1Mix the egg, onion, soup, cheese, parsley and milk (or sherry).
- 2Cook the bacon until crisp.
- 3Crumble bacon and add to soup mixture.
- 4Cook mushrooms in bacon fat until limp.
- 5Add mushrooms to mixture.
- 6On a lightly floured board, roll out the pie pastry.
- 7Cut out circles using 1&1/2" cookie cutter or top of glass.
- 8Grease mini muffin pan and line each muffin tin with pastry, pressing to fit.
- 9Spoon mixture into each tart.
- 10Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until edges of pastry are lightly brown.
- 11***This recipe can make 48 tarts, but usually I just make 24, and use the remainder of the filling to make a quiche type dish.
- 12Put the other pie crust into a greased pie dish and pour the rest of mixture into it.
- 13Bake uncovered at 375 degrees until edges of pastry are light brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini-Mushroom Tart Appetizers
Serving Size: 1 (985 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 98.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g