Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
this came from my diabetes self managment magazine
- 10 reduced-fat whole wheat crackers (such as reduced fat triscuits)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce, plus
- 1 teaspoon pizza sauce
- 2 1⁄2 slices Canadian bacon (1/2 oz per slice)
- 2 mushrooms, cut into 10 thin slices
- 10 pickled banana pepper rings
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place crackers close together on a microwave-safe dish, spoon about 1 tsp of pizza sauce on top of each cracker.
- Cut the canadian bacon slices into quarters, (cut the half slice in two).
- Layer 1 quarter slice of canadian bacon, 1 banana pepper ring, and 1 mushroom slice on top of each cracker, sprinkle each evenly with cheese; microwave uncovered on high for 45-50 seconds, or until cheese melts, serve hot.