Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the inside of the label of Kretschmer's Original Toasted Wheat Germ. Visit www.kretschmer.com website for more information about this product.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (or 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey)
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For meat loaves, combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl; mix lightly, but thoroughly. Shape meat mixture into 8 3x2-inch mini loaves; place in baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes to medium doneness (160 degrees F) or until center is no longer pink and juices show no pink color.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- For sauce, combine mustard and honey, mix well. Serve sauce over meat loaves.