Recipe by Baby Kato
These lovely cupcakes are sure to remind you of the lightest pound cake. A hint of mango with rum flavoured cream, a nice light treat.
Top Review by Dotty2
This recipe is fantastic. I used mango but increased it to almost a cup. So easy to put together but with incredible flavor. These will certainly be made again and again. A great summer dessert as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe babt Kato. made for AUS/NZ swap
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, powdered
- 9 tablespoons butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, vanilla scented
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream, thick
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, pure
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract, pure
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup mango, fresh, sweet, diced
- 1 pint whipping cream, cold
- 6 tablespoons sugar, white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
- 2 tablespoons rum, dark
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, sweet, toasted (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Butter and flour muffin cups, 16 2 3/4-inches.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter on high for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to butter gradually, beating a total of 2 minutes longer.
- Next, add vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon rind and sour cream together.
- Add sour cream mixture to butter and sugar, beat 1 minute.
- Add 1 egg and beat on medium high for 1 minute then add egg yolks and beat 1 minute longer.
- Scrape down bowl.
- Add flour just until all flour is absorbed.
- Gently, mix in diced mango.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake on lower-third level rack for 20 - 23 minutes.
- Allow cakes to cool in tins for 1 minute before carefully removing and placing on rack to cool completely.
- While waiting for cakes to cool prepare whipped cream.
- In a cold bowl add whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and dark rum.
- Beat on high until cream thickens.
- Split cakes in half, spread with rum cream and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.