Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These can be made ahead and sauteed just before serving at parties. From Bon Appetit
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, patted dry
- 10 tablespoons crushed round, buttery crackers (like Ritz)
- 3⁄4 cup crushed cracker (like Ritz)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk mayonniase, chopped parsley, and next 5 ingredients in large bowl.Mix in crabmeat, 10 tablespoons cracker crumbs, green onions, and egg.
- Shape mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into 1/2" thick cakes.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup cracker crumbs in shallow bowl. Roll cakes in crumbs to coat; arrange on baking sheet. Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, fry crab cakes unti golden, adding more oil as needed to skillet, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer cakes to another baking sheet; place in oven to keep warm.
- Arrange on platter. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
A little bland...but very moist. maybe a little cayenne or lemon juice