Recipe by Marielle86
These cheesecakes have a delicious sugar cookie crust. The recipe is an adaptation of two recipes combined: The sugar cookies here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-rolled-sugar-cookies/?scale=30&ismetric=0 And the mini cheesecakes here: http://www.food.com/recipe/mini-cheesecakes-74990?scaleto=12&mode=null&st=true
Top Review by ~Nimz~
First off I must confess that I am not a baker. That said, although these were very good, they could have been better. The instructions could have been a little more clear as to how much to roll the dough out and how thick it should have been. I think I added too much dough to the muffin tins and it was too thick. It puffed up so much that I had to flatten it with a spoon to make room for the filling. The filling was excellent and if the dough had been thinner these would have been a 5 star for us. I will make these again but make the dough much, much thinner. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2014
Sugar cookie crust
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (can use a whole teaspoon for extra cinnamon flavor)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- For the sugar cookies, cream the sugar and the butter.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and mix until it forms a dough.
- Line and grease a 12 muffin tin.
- Roll out the cookie dough.
- Using a cookie cutter or a cup, cut out circles in the dough. Then shape the circles into cups in the muffin tin.
- Bake the cookie cups for 8 minutes and remove from the oven. (You may have some leftover dough, which you can use to make some sugar cookies).
- Let the cookie cups rest for at least 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, prepare the cheesecake filling by beating the cream cheese with the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- After the cookie cups have rested for at least 10 minutes, fill the cups with the cheesecake filling.
- Bake 20 more minutes, or until the cheesecake has set.
- Remove from the oven.
- Chill overnight.
- You can add a fruit or chocolate sauce on top as a garnish.