6 little Mini Bundt cakes for tea or for fun.
My Private Note
mini bu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a mini bundt pan.
- 2Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in a pan and the whites in the bowl of an electric stand mixer.
- 3Over very low heat, combine the yolks and the sugar and whisk until the sugar is completely incorporated and has dissolved. Continue whisking for a minute or two until the egg yolks have become very pale in colour and increased in volume. Be very careful not to get the yolks too hot or they will cook.
- 4Remove the yolk mixture from the heat and add the tea leaves, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix and let sit while you whip the egg whites.
- 5Using the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form (4 to 5 minutes).
- 6Sift the flour into the egg yolk mixture and combine. The mixture may be stiff but don't worry about it.
- 7Add one-third of the egg whites to the yolk and flour mixture and stir until combined.
- 8Add the remaining egg whites and fold them into the lightened batter.
- 9Spoon the batter into the prepared Bundt pan. If using a mini-Bundt pan, bake your cakes for 30 minutes and then check for doneness by inserting a cake tester into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cakes are done. If not, bake for an additional 5 minutes and test again.
- 10Once the cakes are baked, remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Unmold the bundt cakes and let cool completely.
- 11Serve with tea and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Chai Sponge Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 311.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g