Recipe by Chef at Heart
I got this on the computer, however I don't recall where
Top Review by coffee31807
Sorry, but this was just not good at all. While cooking, I thought it tasted bland and noticed that there no spices, so I added Italian spices. Let those simmer in and when I tried it, I just couldn't eat it. Not sure why, but ended up throughing the whole thing out. I hope someone else has better luck with it than I did.
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (1 frozen block)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shell pasta, cooked according to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except macaroni and Parmesan cheese in slow cooker.
- Add a little water if chicken broth does not cover.
- Cook on high 1 hour, then switch to low 6 to 8 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- 30 minutes before serving, add macaroni. Serve soup with Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top or served on the side.