Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 96 hrs
From the MDC cookbook
Make and share this Minestrone Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shin beef, with bone
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup dried navy beans, soaked overnight
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 5 quarts water
- 1 medium potato
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground sliced zucchini
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups broken spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced carrots
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- Put shin beef, beans and water, salt and pepper in large kettle.
- Cover and simmers 3 hours.
- Remove meat from bones, add to soup.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, cabbage, potato and parsley.
- Brown ground beef and add to soup. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, green beans and spaghetti. Simmer until spaghetti is cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese and basil.