Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This year I used frozen tart shells for my baking. I didn't have any spare pastry and I needed something to top my Mincemeat tarts... this is what I came up with -- and they are GREAT!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 15 frozen tart shells (3 inch size)
- 500 g mincemeat
- Preheat oven to 400'.
- Using a fork; Combine Butter, Flour and Sugar. Blend until the mixture looks like small peas (flour will be totally incorportated).
- While the tart shells are still frozen, spoon about 1 tbsp of Mincemeat into each one. Using the back of a spoon, smooth over the Mincemeat to create a flat surface.
- Spinkle the top of each tart with approximately 1 tbsp of the Crumble. Do NOT press down.
- Bake at 400' for 15 minutes or until edges of the pastry shell are lightly browned.
Made this topping for my cranberry mincemeat tarts, and it is so flakey and tasty, will make this one again. Thank you for the recipe
I'm so used to making regular-sized pies that I often overlook the tarts! Well, not this time ~ THESE TARTS ARE WONDERFUL! One thing I want to do another time (MANY 'another' times!) is to tone down the intense flavor of the mincemeat with perhaps a half cup or so of finely diced pears (canned)! Still, these will make great 'treats' during the winter holidays, especially! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Pie theme in My-3-Chefs]