Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my dad's and brother's favorite cookie. We always make them during the holidays.
Make and share this Mincemeat Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together dry ingredients; gradually ad to shortening mixture.
- Mix well.
- Stir in mincemeat.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Frost if desired.
I really enjoyed these cookies. I added some spices to the dry ingredients to really brighte them up and scream Christmas. I will make them every year.
These cookies have been a favorite of my family for 30 plus years. I had to buy the box of Borden original condensed mincemeat to find the recipe (which is titled "Prize Cookies") since I had misplaced my handwritten copy. They're great cookies for the holidays, but I love them year round. Thanks for saving it here on Zaar.
This simple to make cookie tastes like the holidays to our family. They ask for them every Christmas.