Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty and easily-prepared addition to your holiday feast!
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (28 ounce) jarready-to-use mincemeat
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and milk, stirring until mixture is well moistened and crumbly.
- Reserving 1 cup of the mixture, press the remainder into 9"x13" baking dish; spread with mince meat.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining mixture and nuts.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into bars.
- Store, loosely covered, at room temperature.
Great recipe! Even people who don't care for mincemeat like these bars. Mailed them to my mincemeat-pie-loving-Dad and they arrived safely. Thanks, Mercy! - Elena in Ruidoso
These are just outstanding little delights and worth ten stars in my humble opinion! I left out the nuts and used Crossewell & Black rum and brandy mincemeat. That brand is a 29 ounce jar and it worked out perfectly! I made two pans for my husband to take to a meeting. These are actually even better than mincemeat pie. Mercy, thanks for the great post! It's a keeper.
Mincemeat Pie is one of my husbands favorite desserts, so I made these to take camping with us. They didn't make it out the door untouched. He of coarse wanted a taste and after the ohh, uhmm, these are good, everyone else wanted a taste. This will be in my personal cookbook. Thank you for posting. Rachel Castle