Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is wonderful, I found it in a Sunday paper that was lining the paint table at the school where I work, i took it, photocopied it, then put it back ;-) I'm so glad I did, it a great tea loaf that keeps moist, well wrapped for 4-5 days
- Preheat the oven to 180c / gas 4 / fan 160c.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- Tip the flour into a bowl, add the cold butter and rub until the mixture forms fine crumbs. (I do this in the food processor to save time) Stir in the sugar and marzipan cubes.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, and then stir in the mincemeat. Stir this into the flour mixture until evenly combined.
- Spoon in to the prepared loaf tin, smooth and sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour until the tea bread is risen and golden brown, or a skewer inserted comes out clean, (except for it you push it through a piece of marzipan!).
- Lightly dust the tea bread with icing sugar while it is still hot.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then tip on to a wire rack to cool completely.
WOW! My husband and I just ate a slice fresh from the oven - OMG! I made the redipe as posted, with homemade mincemeat from last year. I left off the almonds - I didn't have any! Easy and fast. A defiinate keeper! Christmas in June!