Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I have eaten a lot of pumpkin pies and this is the very best recipe. It has been on the can of One-Pie Pumpkin for years and years. One-Pie is made in Maine. If you can't get this brand, any one will do as it is the combination of flavors in the recipe that is sooooo good.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I decided to try out a different pumpkin pie recipe and have had yours saved for awhile. This turned out very nicely. I usually use brown sugar in the filling but the white was a nice change (and it lets you taste the spices a bit more). I liked the addition of cornstarch in the filling and my pie cooked evenly and cut nicely. I used Whole Foods brand pumpkin (but I'll keep an eye out for the "One-Pie"). Thanks Mimi! Roxygirl
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk or 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl put the pumpkin, sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add beaten eggs, melted butter, and molasses.
- Add the milk stirring well.
- Pour into a crust-lined pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and bake the pie for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 50 minutes.
- Take out and cool.