Recipe by Mimi in Maine
These are very good and very chocolate-ty. It surely satisfies the sweet tooth and not the traditonal muffin but more of a dessert. I do put butter on the warm muffin and it is yummy. Note that they only make about 9 muffins.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cold coffee
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine the four and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine he eggs, sugar, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a small pan melt the butter over low heat, and stir in the cocoa, chocolate bits, and cold coffee.
- Add the flour alternately with the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture stirring just till blended each time; don't overmix.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins that have been lightly sprayed with cooking spray (they tend to stick).
- Sprinkle muffins with the chopped nuts.
- 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.