Recipe by Dancer^
To toast pine nuts, shake them in a small skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant and starting to brown. (Beware: They burn quickly.)
Top Review by Food Snob in Israel
I dunno. I almost didn't like this, but then after it sat in the fridge all night it got a bit better. Was better with a bit of salt too. I dunno. Really, this just didn't work for me. Wasn't so flavorful...or the flavors didn't work together...or something.
- 1 cup millet
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped dried apricot
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 lb baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put millet, apricots and stock in large pan.
- Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until stock is absorbed and millet is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Top with spinach, cover and reduce heat to low until spinach wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Gently stir to blend millet and spinach.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Top with pine nuts.