Recipe by Bunny Erica
This was the first dish I made with millet and I made it up as I went along and was very happy with the result.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup millet
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon miso (substitute yeast extract)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- fry the onion in the oil until translucent.
- add the peppers and mushrooms and fry off for a few minutes.
- add the millet, water, miso and soy and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for around 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peas and nuts cover for another 10-15 minutes, stir more frequently and add more water if necessary.
- Season as required and serve when millet is soft.
- Serves 2 as mains 4 as sides.