Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kick the salt habit and still have delicious tacos!
- 8 teaspoons onion powder
- 8 teaspoons salt-free lemon pepper
- 6 teaspoons crushed dried red peppers
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons granulated beef bouillon
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place 7½ teaspoons of the mixture in a small plastic food storage bag, eliminate as much air from the bag as possible, and seal.
- Repeat to make as many packages as desired.
- Label each package as follows: Cook 1 lb. ground beef in skillet, and drain off fat.
- Add 1 package (7½ teaspoons) of Miller's Taco Seasoning Mix and ½ to ¾ cup water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
This is soooo good. I made regular ground beef and chicken tacos. The lemon-pepper gives it a tasty twist. (I did use regular lemon-pepper and no other salt) If you are dining with kids you may want to use less cayenne. (has a bite!)
Well I didn't have salt-free lemon pepper, so I had to use the regular kind. I have to admit, this seasoning had more kick than flavor. It was a nice medium-hot kick, but that is all I could taste, heat. My bf also felt the same way. I may keep this on hand, anyway and see what else I might do with it. :) It is disappointing to see over half of my spices called for in this recipe are now half or over halfway used up. :( I just mixed up the whole batch of seasoning in a quart-size ziplock storage bag and measured out of that. Bf said he'd rather just keep buying the premade packets of taco seasoning. I made this w/ground turkey for an improvised meal I called "smothered cornbread" (cornbread covered in taco meat, emlted cheese, and tomatoes). I used Eggless, Dairy-Free Cornbread. Thank you for posting Mille.
I used this Seasoning in the chili I made from your Wendy's Chili Seasoning (copycat) for Wendys Chili Seasoning. Wonderful flavor. Sure will use it all up. We are ready for tacos now. Also a Big Plus...Mark did not pick up the salt shaker...That is a new one for him..Now I am off to look and cook more of your no salt low salt good food...Thank You