Recipe by Mille®
Kick the salt habit and still have delicious tacos!
Top Review by princess buttercup
This is soooo good. I made regular ground beef and chicken tacos. The lemon-pepper gives it a tasty twist. (I did use regular lemon-pepper and no other salt) If you are dining with kids you may want to use less cayenne. (has a bite!)
- 8 teaspoons onion powder
- 8 teaspoons salt-free lemon pepper
- 6 teaspoons crushed dried red peppers
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons granulated beef bouillon
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place 7½ teaspoons of the mixture in a small plastic food storage bag, eliminate as much air from the bag as possible, and seal.
- Repeat to make as many packages as desired.
- Label each package as follows: Cook 1 lb. ground beef in skillet, and drain off fat.
- Add 1 package (7½ teaspoons) of Miller's Taco Seasoning Mix and ½ to ¾ cup water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.