Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super YUMMY! From Gale Gand.
- 5 ounces milk chocolate
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup egg white (from about 5 eggs)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon thawed frozen orange juice concentrate or 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- In the top of a large double boiler set over barely simmering water, melt the chocolates together. Stir well and set aside to cool slightly. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), whip the cream until stiff. Keep refrigerated.
- In a clean, dry bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar and continue whipping just until stiff and glossy, about 30 seconds more. Whisking hard, incorporate 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate until well blended. Fold in the next 1/3 of the egg whites. Fold in the remaining egg whites until just barely combined (the mixture will be streaky). Add the orange zest, orange juice concentrate, and whipped cream and fold until smooth.
- Use a pastry bag fitted with a large plain or star tip to pipe the mousse into serving dishes, or simply spoon it into a large serving bowl. Cover lightly and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.