Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious change from the ordinary chocolate chip cookie! This recipe has been slightly modified from the original recipe which I found in "Home for the Holidays" from the Company's Coming series.
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond flavoring
- 4 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 21 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- Cream margarine & both sugars in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add almond flavouring.
- Stir flour, baking soda & salt into sugar mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips & almonds.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
Great little cookie. Loved the background flavoring of the almond extract and the almonds within the cookies. Our family loves almonds and this was a nice way to incorporate into a cookie. Very simple to put together. I did change one thing in that I used butter and not margarine for personal preferences but that was it. Glad I tagged this in the Zaar Chef Alphabet tag game. Thanks for sharing! :)