Recipe by Sage
This mango salad is not that hot stuff. It is so smooth but still has a kick. Wonderful with grilled chicken, fish or just to eat out of the bowl.
Top Review by Marlitt
This salad is quite nice. Very refreshing and I really liked the marinade and almonds. I will be making this again, only this time I think I'll leave out the onion, I found it overpowered the mango a bit. Thanks for sharing
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1⁄4 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, slivered
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl add mango, onions, red pepper and basil.Set aside.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, brown sugar,lime and lemon juices, salt and pepper.
- Pour on salad and mix to blend the flavours together.
- Refrigerate a few hours.
- Mix in almonds just before serving.