Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is what we call Chop Suey, my hubby's family call it chow mein... it is nothing like the recipes that are named that on this site, must be an Aussie thing.
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large carrot, diced small
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 425 g corn kernels (use the water inside too)
- 45 g sachet chicken noodle soup mix
- 3 cups sliced cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- Melt butter in non stick fry pan.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add beef and brown.
- Add curry powder, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 20-30 minutes on low until cabbage is cooked.
- Serve over white rice.
Great dish! Even the picky eaters in the household enjoyed it. The flavors work well together. Next time I'll make an effort to not chop things too small. I think that would aid the dish's appearance when finished. This will go on my "repeat performance" list for its ease and ability to deliver veggies easily to the whole family. Thanks for posting!