Recipe by happygurl06
This is what we call Chop Suey, my hubby's family call it chow mein... it is nothing like the recipes that are named that on this site, must be an Aussie thing.
Top Review by luvinlif2k
Great dish! Even the picky eaters in the household enjoyed it. The flavors work well together. Next time I'll make an effort to not chop things too small. I think that would aid the dish's appearance when finished. This will go on my "repeat performance" list for its ease and ability to deliver veggies easily to the whole family. Thanks for posting!
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large carrot, diced small
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 425 g corn kernels (use the water inside too)
- 45 g sachet chicken noodle soup mix
- 3 cups sliced cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 cup water