Recipe by J. Michael Long
This tasty tangy mustard based potato salad gives a great zing to your summer picnics or just about anytime.
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup creamy salad dressing (miracle whip)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 slices bacon, crumbled (Bac-os can be used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 mintues.
- Drain and set aside.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove eggs, cool, peel and chop or slice.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, eggs, onion, celery, bacon and relish.
- Mix lightly to not break down potatoes too much (unless you like them mushy.)
- Blend together the mustard and salad dressing.
- Add to potato mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle with paprika and refrigerate until chilled.