Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This is a hearty soup that is true comfort food! It is filling and makes a ton, so use a big, tall, soup pot! Everyone loves it in my house! Even my pickiest eater. As good as leftovers as it is when it is first made! Yummy!
- 3 lbs chicken (I use breasts, but you can use whatever you want)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 jalapeno peppers (for a little spicier kick you can substitute one of the jalapeno peppers for a Serrano pepper)
- 1 bushel cilantro
- 1 bushel green onion
- 1 bushel celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 6 carrots (I buy the already shredded bag)
- 32 ounces chicken broth (or 3 regular cans)
- 8 big potatoes
- 3 (29 ounce) cans sweet whole kernel corn
- 3 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Prepare vegetables first. Finely chop the peppers (all kinds), cilantro, garlic, and both kinds of onion. set aside.
- Cop carrots and celery to whatever size you desire. I like them chopped pretty small.
- Cut chicken breasts into small bite size pieces.
- In sauté pan, put the stick of butter and the olive oil to heat up on med/hi! Wait until this is completely hot. When hot, add chicken and cover with Mrs. Dash. Cook for 3 minutes on one side and then flip over. Add more Mrs. Dash and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
- Add chicken and spices (ie: peppers, garlic, onions, cilantro) to tall soup pan. Add Let them sauté together for a few minutes. Then add equal parts chicken broth and water. I dump the broth in then fill the container up with water and put it inches Let that simmer on med/hi.
- Peel and cut potatoes into boiling squares (bite size). Add potatoes, corn, carrots, celery, and Rotel to soup. Bring to a boil on med/hi. You will know the soup is done when potatoes are soft.
- I hope you enjoy! This is my favorite meal!