Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my all time favorite salads. It just gets better the longer is sits.
Make and share this Mika's Layered Cornbread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped small
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix, prepared as directed
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Bake corn muffin mix as directed. Cool and crumble 1/2 in bottom of a clear bowl.
- Mix tomatoes and onions together. Layer 1/2 of corn, beans, tomato and onion mixture and 1/2 of cheese. Pour 1/2 of dressing over this. Repeat.
- Sprinkle top with crumbled bacon.
- Needs to sit for awhile to allow dressing to saturate evenly.
- Serve cold.
A local deli makes a cornbread salad that I love so I decided to try this and hoped that it was the same. Not exactly the same, but very close. They don't use pinto beans in theirs and I omitted them also. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs for my "Not Your Typical Salad" theme.