Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my all time favorite salads. It just gets better the longer is sits.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped small
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope hidden valley ranch dressing mix, prepared as directed
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Bake corn muffin mix as directed. Cool and crumble 1/2 in bottom of a clear bowl.
- Mix tomatoes and onions together. Layer 1/2 of corn, beans, tomato and onion mixture and 1/2 of cheese. Pour 1/2 of dressing over this. Repeat.
- Sprinkle top with crumbled bacon.
- Needs to sit for awhile to allow dressing to saturate evenly.
- Serve cold.
A local deli makes a cornbread salad that I love so I decided to try this and hoped that it was the same. Not exactly the same, but very close. They don't use pinto beans in theirs and I omitted them also. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs for my "Not Your Typical Salad" theme.