- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces or 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 (8 ounce) package lasagna noodles, no boil
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (16 ounce) jarragu low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup buffalo, sauce (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken or hamburger, mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until meat, is no longer pink. Stir in flour until blended; stir in Alfredo sauce and buffalo sauce and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, Italian seasonings and parsley. Set aside.
- Spread a small amount of Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer 4 noodles , 2/3 of the cottage cheese, 2/3 of the Alfredo mixture and 2/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers two more times.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more. Let stand about 10 minutes before cutting.