1/1 Photo of Miguel's Jalapeno Cream Sauce
My cousin shared this recipe with me after we had the sauce at a restaurant on Coronado Island. I've never made it at home, but know I enjoyed it at the restaurant. My cousin's advice: don't count the calories in this!!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat. Stir in sour cream when it's ready to boil. After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium.
- 2Stir in chicken broth and jalapeno sauce and simmer.
- 3Meanwhile, make a roux by heating butter and flour. Whisk until mixture turns a pale gold.
- 4Increase heat on cream mixture until almost boiling and then add roux. Whisk briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated.
- 5Remove from heat, stir in minced jalapeno and the cheeses.
- 6Can be served with tortilla chips or as a sauce for dishes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Miguel's Jalapeno Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.1
- Calories from Fat 338
- Total Fat 37.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 127.0 mg
- Sodium 103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: