My cousin shared this recipe with me after we had the sauce at a restaurant on Coronado Island. I've never made it at home, but know I enjoyed it at the restaurant. My cousin's advice: don't count the calories in this!!!!!
- Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat. Stir in sour cream when it's ready to boil. After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in chicken broth and jalapeno sauce and simmer.
- Meanwhile, make a roux by heating butter and flour. Whisk until mixture turns a pale gold.
- Increase heat on cream mixture until almost boiling and then add roux. Whisk briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated.
- Remove from heat, stir in minced jalapeno and the cheeses.
- Can be served with tortilla chips or as a sauce for dishes.
Used this recipe for sauce on my chicken enchiladas and on some veggie mushroom enchiladas...it was great for both! I was a little worried it would be too spicy for me, but the cheese balanced out the jalapenos well. It was excellent and I will be using it often.
Can you say, simply outstanding?! I put this sauce on my enchiladas and they were to die for. I couldn't believe how they tasted better than the restaurants. Only alteration I did was to put a teaspoon of sugar in it. This recipe does not disappoint!