Rockin' Enchiladas W/ Sour Cream Sauce
photo by pattikay in L.A.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown, drain fat then add back to pan.
- Add taco seasoning and 1 can green chiles.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, cream of chicken, 1 can green chiles, garlic powder, chile powder, cayenne, salt & pepper.
- Roll 3-4 tbs. of meat into each tortilla, place in casserole dish.
- Spread sour cream mixture over rolled tortillas and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minute at 300 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was an excellent, easy to prepare, relatively inexpensive meal to prepare that goes a long way in satisying hearty appetites. I used cream of mushroom soup and canned chiles in chopped tomatoes. I also chopped cilantro and added it to the cream sauce. One enchilada is enough. I ate two and was full beyond the breaking point 8 hours later - very uncomfortable and I have a large appetite. Use light side dishes such as a green veggie or side green salad. Next time, I will cut the sauce in half-way too much was left over. Also I will use small rather than large tortillas for the smaller eaters in my family.
see 8 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<br /><br /><img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /></p>