Recipe by Cookaholic Girl
This is a tradition in my family. We make it every Sunday morning. This is a little bit of a modification my grandmother but still a great Mexican breakfast. Notes: you may need to add more oil and you can add other ingredients like jalapenos. Also, you can add avocado to the finished product.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 diced onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 low-fat hot dogs, sliced
- 6 -10 corn tortillas, torn into 2 inch pieces
- 6 -8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to skillet on low-medium heat.
- Add corn tortillas and cook until slightly browned.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and hot dogs.
- Cook all of the above until hot dogs are browned, bell peppers soft and tortillas slightly crispy.
- Add eggs and scramble everything together.
- When cooked, transfer to plates or bowls.
- Add cheese, salsa, pepper and salt to taste.