Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing with a middle eastern meal.
- 3 large seedless navel oranges, sliced 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1.Grate rind from orange and reserve zest. Remove peel and slice oranges. (You can halve or quarter them for easier eating in you like.).
- 2. Combine rest of ingredients except cilantro in a bowl and toss with oranges and zest. Garnish with cilantro.
Very interesting flavors in this dish, but I don't think they work for me. The garlic was a bit overpowering- I'd leave it out if I make this again. It was a very unique side dish though and worth trying.
Different & exciting! The Picky One didn't like it but I didn't expect she would. Everyone else was pleasantly surprised how much they liked it! Hooray!! Made for Go to Saudi Arabia in the NA/ME Forum 6/13.
I found this recipe intriguing and just had to try it. I must say that I was quite leery of the garlic but went ahead with it. I can see why it was there after tasting and I enjoyed the dish. This is something unique and quite pleasant. Made for North Africa/Middle East forum's "A Month in Arabia"