Recipe by Nasseh
I have been making this salad for DH for a while now. The time listed does not include the refrigerating time.
Top Review by l'ecole
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! The za'atar that I had access to is the Israeli kind -- which, if "green" indicates the color it should be, is quite brown. Nevertheless, this salad was fabulous! Will be making this recipe again and again and again.....
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon green za'atar spice mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 dash garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄4 green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- Mix all the ingredients together for the dressing in a small glass bowl.
- Mix the vegetables together in a larger bowl. (I cut the artichokes hearts in half before adding them to the salad).
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Stir to coat then refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.