Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
An American classic with a Middle Eastern twist. This recipe doesn't contain any mayonnaise, so it is perfect for a picnic. From Cooking Pleasures magazine.
Top Review by Annacia
I didn't have any tomatoes currently (of any kind) so I made this without them. I have come to really potato salad with oil and lemon instead of mayo, add to that the seasonings and we have a winning recipe.
- 2 lbs new potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, put the potatoes and cover with cold water; salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook potatoes for 10-12 min or until fork tender.
- Cool and quarter, or cut into 8 pieces depending on size.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, stir together the green onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt, black pepper, allspice, and coriander.
- Add the potatoes, parsley, and tomatoes; toss well to coat.