"Curry powder, green onion, and mint flavor these burgers with the tastes of the Middle East, a sweet yogurt sauce cools the spiciness. Recipe from myalli.com (weight loss).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 granny smith apple, peled, cored, grated and squeezed dry with your hands
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (2)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons mango chutney (add more to taste, up to 2 T)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- 4 whole wheat pita bread, cut crosswise in half (6 inch)
- 1In medium bowl, combine chicken, aple, green onion, mint, curry powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; shape into eight burgers.
- 2Spray grill pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook burgers for 10 minutes or until no longer prink, turning once.
- 3In a bowl, combine yogurt and chutney.
- 4Divide lettuce among the pitas, place 1 burger in each pit half; divide yogurt sauce among pitas.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Middle Eastern Chicken Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 237.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: