Prep 3 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe was designed to meet the limited resources in an office break room or on campus housing.There is enough for two, but leftovers can be refrigerated for several days and reheated.
- 177.18 g box macaroni and cheese mix
- 59.16 ml butter, cut in small pieces (half a stick)
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 141.74 g can tuna fish, drained
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- Put the macoroni from the box into a Microwave Popcorn maker -- I use a Anchor Hocking model.
- Add enough water to cover the noodles (about 2 cups). Cook noodles on high for 10 minutes or until tender -- then drain.
- Return the drained noodles, butter or margarine, the contents of the cheese package, entire can of cream of mushroom soup (DO NOT add water). the lemon juice and the entire can of tuna.
- Heat on high for 1 minute or until hot.
The recipe is easy to make, preparation is simple, but wasn't really for my taste buds. I am usually not a picky eater, but something about this didn't work for me. Hope you have better luck with it!
Great dish to prepare and eat in the office, when you have a short lunch break. I substituted the cream of mushroom by a pack of mushroom powder quick soup. Same great result. I used a packet of EasyMac from Craft, and a can of tuna with olive oil ! Brabo.
Suprisingly yummy! Simple and easy to make, I used about half the butter the recipe called for. Tastes suprisingly similarto the tuna au gratin tuna helper brand box.