Speedy Microwave Squash Casserole
- Ready In:
- 4 cups summer squash, yellow crookneck and zucchini mixed (3 to 4 medium halved lengthwise and sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup 2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup crouton, crushed
- Place squash, onions and carrots in microwavable casserole dish, add about 1/4 cup water, cover with plastic wrap and vent corner. Cook on high 5 minutes.
- Drain water off, add cream of mushroom and ricotta cheese and spices. Stir together and microwave uncovered 5 minutes Take out and stir in cheddar cheese. Then top with crushed croutons, put back in microwave for 1 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!