Recipe by Peggy Lynn
This wonderful pie recipe comes from Kitchen to kitchen a feature in the Houston Chronicle. I saw the picture of this beautiful pie and made it right away.Pretty pale lemony filling sits beneath snowy white sweetened whipped cream--and its so easy to make!Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by trotty
I made this pie for Mother's Day and it was sooo easy! My 5 year old daughter helped make it and it turned out really good. I added a little lemon zest and the next time I think I would add a little more to make it a little more tangy. I like a strong lemon flavor and this was not very strong but I used bottled lemon juice instead of fresh so tht might be the reason. I also didn't have real whipped cream. I used cool whip instead.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (9 inch) prebaked pie crusts
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the granulated sugar, milk, lemon juice,egg yolks and constarch in a glass bowl.
- Cook in the microwave on high for three minutes.
- Stir, then cook three more minutes or until thickened.
- Remove and stir in sour cream.
- Cool the mixture, then pour it into the crust.
- Refrigerate until set.
- When you are ready to serve the pie,whip the whipping cream with the confectioners sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Top the pie with the sweetened whipped cream.