Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious cooked apples with just the right amount of sweet and tart. This is a favorite recipe that is very easy to make (especially if you have an apple peeler).
- 8 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place apples in a 2 1/2 quart microwave safe bowl.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover and microwave on high for 5-10 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nice flavor, not to sweet, I used brown sugar rather than white. Served it with grilled pork and liked it quite a bit. Thank you.
This was terrific with baked ham, and super easy! Since I need to avoid carbs, I substituted Swwet 'n Low Brown and it worked fine.
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! I used to make these and always knew something was missing...it was the CORNSTARCH! I love these b/c they are not too sweet...just right for my taste. Of course the kids loved them and asked for thirds.