1/8 Photos of Microwave Peanut Brittle
I had this recipe years ago and managed to lose it, but found a friend at work that had it and I am back in the brittle business. It is extremely easy and quick to make. Since most people have the ingredients in their pantry and freezers, it is a recipe that can be made up in a few minutes if unexpected guest show up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- 2Spray wax paper with Pam.
- 3Combine sugar, salt and Karo in a 3 quart microwave safe glass bowl.
- 4Stir in peanuts.
- 5Microwave on high until light brown (8 to 10 minutes) stirring at least 2 times during cooking.
- 6Remove from microwave and stir in remaining ingredients adding baking soda last (mix will be foamy).
- 7Stir quickly and pour onto wax paper.
- 8Spread thin for brittle candy.
- 9Note: You can use any type nuts you prefer or even sunflower seeds (which is my favorite).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Peanut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 288.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g