I had this recipe years ago and managed to lose it, but found a friend at work that had it and I am back in the brittle business. It is extremely easy and quick to make. Since most people have the ingredients in their pantry and freezers, it is a recipe that can be made up in a few minutes if unexpected guest show up.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spray wax paper with Pam.
- Combine sugar, salt and Karo in a 3 quart microwave safe glass bowl.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Microwave on high until light brown (8 to 10 minutes) stirring at least 2 times during cooking.
- Remove from microwave and stir in remaining ingredients adding baking soda last (mix will be foamy).
- Stir quickly and pour onto wax paper.
- Spread thin for brittle candy.
- Note: You can use any type nuts you prefer or even sunflower seeds (which is my favorite).