Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
You will never go back to eating regular popcorn ever again after you try this! --- adjust all amounts to taste, for more heat use use a small amount of cayenne or Cajun seasoning blend.
- 1892.72 ml popped popcorn, divided (can use more or less, butter or natural flavor)
- chili powder (to taste)
- 236.59 ml sliced black olives (hand-squeezed out any excess moisture and divided)
- 236.59-709.77 ml diced green chilis, well drained and divided
- 473.18 ml grated old cheddar cheese (divided, can use more cheese)
- Remove any unpopped kernels and discard.
- Divide the popcorn into four microwavable bowls.
- Sprinkle each with desired amount of chili powder, then equal amounts of olives, green chilies and grated cheese.
- Microwave 1 bowl at a time on HIGH for about 1 minute or until the cheese melts (if the cheese melts unevenly then rotate the plate).
These were just ok to me. They were good tasting, but I found the popcorn gets soggy and its kind of a total mess to eat.
I've mad this recipe so many times. It's about time I reviewed it! My fmily and I LOVE THIS! Instead of canned green chilis, I use fresh roasted jalapenos. We like it spicy. My favorite additions are; diced tomatoes (well drained on a paper towel.) After the chesse is melted, I add fresh cilantro and sometimes green onions. Thanks for a very simple recipe, that makes a kick butt snack. :)
Very cheese-y, spicy and good!