I have been using this recipe for years!! I found it in the newspaper, and believe me everyone loves it!!
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 177.44 ml flour
- 0.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml cocoa
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 354.88 ml mini marshmallows
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 44.37 ml milk
- 44.37 ml cocoa
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml sifted powdered sugar
- Place butter in a 2 qt bowl; microwave on High 1 min or until butter melts.
- Stir in sugar and eggs; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt& cocoa; stir well.
- Combine with egg mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Spread batter in a glass 8" square dish sprayed with Pam.
- Shield corners with triangles of aluminum foil, keeping foil smooth and close to dish.
- Place dish atop a micro safe ceral bowl inverted in the oven.
- Microwave at Medium 6- 7 mins, turning dish one half turn after 3 mins.
- Remove shields; microwave on High 2-3 mins or until top is almost dry.
- Remove from oven to cool Sprinkle marshmallows over brownies; cover with aluminum foil.
- Let stand 2 mins.
- Remove foil.
- Spread with frosting; cool completely on rack and cut into squares.
- Chocolate Frosting: Combine butter and milk and microwave on High 1 1/2- 2 mins.
- or until butter melts.
- Stir in cocoa and vanilla.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at medium with electric mixer until smooth.
These were very yummy! I ended up putting the marshmallows on top of the batter and baking at 350 for 35 min. No frosting needed in my opinion.
These are SO easy and SOOOOOOOOOOO good. My family inhaled a whole pan full in less than an hour, so I made a 2nd pan for our youth group. They think I'm the greatest thing since chocolate now! CHILL, you outdid yourself with this one. THANK YOU so much for sharing your GREAT recipe!