Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This fudge can be left as brown sugar or turned into chocolate. Easy to do and quick to turn out a pan of fudge.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup canned milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Fill sink with cold water.
- In a 3 quart microwave safe bowl mix together the brown sugar, white sugar, corn syrup and canned milk.
- Microwave 9 minutes at full power, stirring half way through the cooking time.
- At end of cooking time, add margarine to fudge, and place bowl into cold water.
- Beat fudge with an electric hand held beater until margarine is melted.
- Add vanilla, beat in quickly as fudge starts to set quickly.
- Pour into pan, let cool.
- Before it hardens, score with a knife to make it easy to cut.
- To make chocolate fudge add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to sugar mixture before microwaving.
Just a note of caution: Be careful when microwaving as full power may cause mixture to boil over in microwave!