.Microwave must be 950 to 1050 watts or you need to adjust the wattage percentage or the cooking time.
- Microwave butter on high for 1 minutes or until melted.
- Add sugar and milk: mix well.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes, stir after 3 minutes.
- Stir well, scraping down sides of bowl.
- Microwave 5 1/2 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Add marshmallow creme and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add nuts stirring well.
- Spread into a well buttered 9x13-inch dish.
- Cool at room temperature; cut into squares.
- Microwave wattage must be 900 to 1050, for the times listed if your wattage is less or more you need to find a microwave conversion chart on line.
THIS RECIPE DOES NOT GET FIRM! I followed the directions verbatim. Triple checked my ingredients. Everything was spot on, but I have a dish full of runny chocolate mixture. I could not even freeze it hard -- it stayed runny. It tastes fantastic, but is runny goo.
To those whos chocolate seized up, try adding the marshmallo first, that cools the mixture enough that the chocolate wont burn or seize up. I have used this recipe for years and the uploaders note is important, ive noticed many people complaining about this recipe on other sites, and its because newer microwaves are much more powerful than the ones used years ago when this variation was originally created. Love the way you have it all laid out here, for most the microwave version is a footnote, (no kitty, im typing, not trying to play!!, its taken me five rewrites thanks to my kitten, spot
Wonderful! I am terrible with cooking candy to a certain temperature on the stove, so I was glad to find this recipe! This tastes just wonderful and I love how firm it gets at room temperature. I have a new 1800 watt microwave, and I cooked the butter mixture for a total of 9 minutes, stirring 3 or 4 times. I used 1% milk instead of evaporated. And instead of all chocolate chips, I used some Reese's peanut butter chips and some semi-sweet chocolate. (You really need a little more PB than chocolate for a great taste.) Delicious fudge!