Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
I used to make the traditional version of this but it takes so long to make and this is made in a flash. My Grandmother always made it the old way in a cloth steamed for hours then dried out in front of the fire to form a skin we got one every year for our birthday rather than a cake and we loved it, it was actually the highlight of the day. This one is a bit of a cheat but it's very good.
- put the first eight ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- simmer for five minutes.
- add the hot mixture to the flour and bicarbonate when mixed well add the two beaten eggs mix well.
- pour into a cling film lined pudding bowl and cook in the micro for
- 650watt- 9 minutes.
- 500watt- 12 minutes.
- adjust to suit your micro it wont hurt to cook for a minute extra
- cool for a bit and turn out on a plate.