- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans or 2 (16 ounce) cansspicy beans
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup water (optional) or 1 cup catsup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart casserole, saute ground beef and onions for 6 minutes in a microwave, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Mix flour with tomatoes and add to meat mixture.
- Blend in beans, salt, chili powder, thyme and water.
- Cook covered 10 to 12 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: This can be made in a conventional oven.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.