I don't know where my mom got this recipe but I still enjoy making it from time to time. It's great for making with the kids and tastes yummy too!!
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put popcorn into a large paper bag.
- 2Mix: brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, and salt in a 6 cup size microwaveable glass bowl. (I usually use my glass, 4 cup measuring cup).
- 3Put it in the microwave for 1-3 minutes until it bubbles.
- 4Take out and stir well.
- 5Microwave 3 more minutes, stirring mixture after EVERY MINUTE. Be careful it gets very hot at this point!
- 6Now add the baking soda and vanilla and stir well.
- 7Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir well with a spoon.
- 8Roll the top of the bag and microwave for 1 minute. Remove the bag and shake the contents.
- 9Return bag to microwave for 1 more minute. Remove and shake again.
- 10Microwave 30 seconds more. Remove and shake.
- 11Let the popcorn cool on wax paper before eating.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Caramel Popcorn
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 184.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g