Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this in mum's recipe book, I thought for a moment, what a weird combination, then I remember being hooked on this because it had such a unique and lovely taste
- 1 kg chicken leg
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 3 firm semi-ripe bananas
- rinse chicken.
- pat dry.
- place in large microwavable circular platter with small bone ends pointing towards centre.
- combine ingredients except bananas.
- spoon about 2/3 of sauce over chicken.
- cook on high, uncovered 16 minutes turning over half way.
- slice bananas into 1/2 inch slices and scatter over chicken.
- spoon remaining sauce over and microwave on high 4 minutes.
- stand 2-3 minutes before serving.