Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother made this wonderful dish usually with a pork roast and apple sauce on the side. I'm sure it came from her mother and before that my great-grandmother.
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 1⁄3 cup reserved water
- 8 ounces butter, divided
- 4 ounces saltine crackers, crumbled
- Melt 4 ounces of butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the crumbled cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Cook until the crumbs are well browned, stirring often. Set aside.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions. Reserve 1/3 cup of the water and then drain the noodles and pour into a large bowl, add the water and mix well.
- While noodles are cooking melt the remaining 4 ounces of butter in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave. Pour over cooked noodles and stir.
- Finally add the browned cracker crumbs and mix well.