Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 -2 large sweet potato, cut into cubes
- coconut milk
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (add to taste)
- 1 red chili pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (more to taste)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (more to taste)
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat to medium.
- Add a little vegetable oil. Add around 2-3 tablespoons of red curry paste (and sliced chili if you like it hot) and fry for about 1 minute or until you see the paste start to darken.
- Pour in 1 can of coconut milk (you may need to add more later).
- Add builion cube and about a cup of water. Let simmer for about 2 minutes. Add sugar and about 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Then add sweet potatoes. Simmer until they are tender.
- You may need to adjust the fish sauce, red curry, and sugar. Perhaps more coconut milk if you like it thicker. I'm always tasting as I go.
- When finished, serve and squeeze a lime on top.