Recipe by Jellyqueen
My SIL gave me this recipe several years ago. It is great for potluck meals. Just add a salad and you have a wonderful spicy meal.
Top Review by bullwinkle
This was a very good recipe and easy to make. I will make this again. We used the leftovers for a filling in a burrito with refried beans and our favorite toppings. It was great!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) package yellow rice
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can ro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 bag plain Doritos
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger meat and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and approximately 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook rice as directed on box (leave water in rice, do not drain).
- Mix cheese and tomatoes and melt in microwave.
- Combine all ingredients, using only a few of the crumbled Doritos.
- Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle remaining Doritos on top of mixture.
- Bake at 325 F for 25 minutes or until bubbly.